Wednesday, November 12, 2008

MusicNL Conference and Awards...

I didn't get to post a song story this week. Here's why: I was attending the MusicNL awards and conference in Gander this past weekend.

First of all, I was nominated for Gospel Artist of the Year. I didn't take home the award, but it was an honor to just be nominated. Janet Cull and Kelly-Ann Evans won the category and deserved it to the fullest.

I also had a chance to perform at the CBC Song-Writers Circle on Sunday afternoon. During my first song, which was "Like Your Love", I pushed against the microphone with my mouth and the mic-stand started to swing away from me. So I stopped, and fixed it. So...There is a pause in my first song that I'm hoping the merciful people at CBC will edit out before they play it nation-wide (Yes...nation-wide. It is slated for broadcast on CBC Radio 2 some time in the new year, as well as Province-wide on CBC Radio's performance hour on Saturday November 22nd.) The second song that I did was "Hope Will Rise". No micrphone incidents with that one.

Later that night, I had a chance to perform at the awards gala at the Arts and Culture Centre. I used the Loop Pedal on "Create in Me". It was a very good show all-around. MusicNL needs to be commended for their professionalism and hard work.

Anyway, that's the scoop. I'll be back with a Song Story on Saturday.

1 comment:

Allison said...

If you find out when it will be on CBC Radio 2, let me know and I will listen! :)
Congrats on the nomination.