Monday, October 13, 2008

YC 2008

I'm sorry that the Saturday Song Story didn't happen this week. Michelle and I spent the whole weekend in Gander at YC 2008 with our youth group. And how's this for a big honor...I got to open for Leeland!

Someone asked me if I got to meet them. The closest that I got to actually meeting anyone famous was when I went on stage for my soundcheck. Leeland spent about 45 minutes of the hour slot doing their soundcheck, which was alright with me, because when it's just me and a guitar I only need 5 minutes. The lead singer was on stage talking with a sound guy, and he came up form behind and told me he was sorry for taking so long. I thought it was someone from the tech crew so I said something that was little more than a grunt...something to the effect of "No worries." I then turned around and realized who I had grunted at. Some artists get pictures with the bands that they open for. Not me...I grunt at them.

Later, to one of the tech crew, I jokingly pretended to be excited that my guitar was on Leeland's guitar stand. I don't think he knew I was joking, because He looked at me blankly and said..."It's a rental."

Anyway, we had a good weekend. I got to catch up with some old friends and meet some new ones.

Here's some pictures from the weekend. The first one is a great shot of my baldspot :)










2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allison said...

Congrats on getting to open for Leeland. They seemed like really nice guys when I saw them in Malawi.