Monday, July 27, 2009

Another Brush With "Greatness"

We went out for lunch this Sunday afternoon. Lewisporte is not large, so one of the only "sit-down" restaurants is inside a hotel named Brittney Inns. As my family, which is a bit of a motley crew at the best of times, went inside, a nice young man opened the door for us.

Right at that moment, my 3 year old daughter decided to spontaneously spazz out. No way could we get her to go inside. She wanted to stay outside and the whole place was going to know it. I looked up and apologized to the dude holding the door. Turns out the dude holding the door is Rex Goudie.

I'm not necessarily a big fan, but here in Newfoundland Rex is like Elvis. Young girls usually cry with glee in front of him. They don't usually tantrum.

Hmmm...reminds me of the time about three years ago when my son had a tantrum in the Toronto Airport...right in front of the Barenaked Ladies. (The band, not actual barenaked ladies).

Famous people bring out the worst in us. You can check out the time I tripped Larry Norman here. Or when I grunted at Leeland Mooring here.

No comments: