Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year (What I've learned)

There is only a little over 7 hours left in 2008...maybe more or less depending where you are reading this from. I thought that I might close the year by relaying to you a few of the things that I learned this year. This list isn't complete... but pretty close to it, given that I'm a slow learner.

1) Blogging once a week is harder than I thought.
2) Just about everything worth doing is harder than I thought.
3) When the stock market crumbles, the less you have, the less you lose.
4) Children are more important than work.
5) Most of the answers in life are non-existent...
6) ...and that's okay.
7) I have more fun writing, recording and playing music than I thought I would.
8) Now that my hair is getting thin, I don't care.
9) It is better for me to not have, than to cause someone else to go without.
10) A full box of Pot of Gold chocolates will not make my dog sick (I learned that one Christmas eve)
11) It's much less pointless to model my life after people that "are" rather than people that "have" or "can".

I wish you all the best in the new year, and I hope that this year is even better than the last one. Thanks for all your support in 2008, and I'll see you next year.

No comments: