Monday, September 29, 2008

Why I like Coffee Shops...

Although I am not a historian, I believe that the concept of a coffee house originated in Turkey. There's an old Turkish proverb that goes something like this:


"The real reason that people go to coffee houses is not for the coffee, nor for the music. Those are just excuses. People go to connect with one another."

I spent this past Friday night playing a coffee house concert in Bay Roberts. It was a great time. Although, at those sorts of events, the musician is clearly the background music, that's alright. The point of these types of venues is connection. It was a great night, and it was great to meet some new friends.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I got my CD in the mail yesterday! I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I'm sure its great. :)

I love coffee shops, too. I so happy that new ones have been opening up St. John's over the past couple years. Ones with live music are even better!