Monday, August 25, 2008

A Spot for Everyone...

I spent all of last week at a youth camp in Lewisporte. Yeah...I admit it...I am so tired that my eyes are crossing. But that's not the point of this blog.

On Thursday afternoon, they had a talent search as part of the weeks on-going team games. It was crazy! I was amazed at the amount of talent that is out there, especially among our young people, who are definitely thinking outside the box in terms of where their talents can take them.

There was a bass duo, a metal-core band, a tender-hearted worship leader, and two guys that ripped it up beatboxing.

Why am I telling you this? I was struck again by the diversity of talents and giftings that exist in the Christ's family. Those people will be used in ways that I never could. (I doubt that my music would ever appeal to much of the metal-core community.) God designs people so that they can reach into areas of culture that others cannot. Where do you fit into God's plan.

No comments: